On 28th June, Google Made its biggest effort to Conquer the Social Networking field by introducing its new social networking product ‘GOOGLE+’.
Many people doubt its success in social networking field but i have 5 reasons why this Google service ‘Google+’ can knockout Facebook from the social media.
As we all know that this is the biggest social networking project ever made by Google to challenge its competitor Facebook. Google+ is basically Larry page‘s idea.
Here are the 5 reasons Why I think Google+ Will Beat Facebook:
- As we all know People are now tired of Facebook mainly due to its 3rd party sharing policy which allow lot of spam and even threat to privacy.In Google+ The best feature what you will get is there is no chance for spam and no rubbish Application which allow 3rd party websites.
- Facebook has a friend limit of 5000 friends but here on Google+ there is no friend limit.
- There is always a fear on Facebook to add family members as none of us want them to see what we are commenting and what others commented on our walls, for this Google+ has an awesome feature of sharing with circles. That means we can decide what to share with whom.
- Basic features like spark,better search engine,good looks and faster performance of Google+ gives it a better position then Facebook.
- The best thing in my view, The name itself GOOGLE 😀
So it will be nice to see how Google will take on Facebook.
And many of you wont disagree with my views on it 😀
Comments please. ^_^
Some useful-but-maybe-not-obvious features of Google+:
* In your stream, “Incoming” means “other people who are sharing with me” — people who aren’t yet in your circles. You can browse through it to see people who have added you.
* “Notifications” gives you the same sort of stuff that you can see in the notifications menu in the top right. (The one that turns bright red when you have an update — not yet available in all countries) Who’s added you, when you’ve been mentioned in a post or tagged in a photo, etc. Also, that menu at the top? Very useful.
* “Sparks” lets you get cool content relevant to your interests. Random side note: While debugging the system, we often used “Chocolate Cake” as a test interest. It turned out to be a really distracting interest.
* Hangouts are more awesome than you may suspect, because they require so little work.
* You have to click on the “Chat with people on Google+” link to enable chat within Google+ (long story as to why), but then you get IM functionality.
* The mobile app has two features of surpassing awesomeness: Huddles and Instant Upload. Huddles are everything that messaging was supposed to be but never was — group of people, persistent conversations so you can keep chatting with people, a hell of a lot faster delivery than SMS, etc. Instant upload means that you will never have photos stranded on your phone again.
* The delete circle animation is enough fun that one is tempted to create circles and delete them just for the heck of it. Andy Hertzfeld FTW.
I’ll probably think of more of these later… there are a lot of features in here, and there are even more on the way. This is called “The Google+ Project” for a reason; the future is bright and exciting.
Twitter can be useful. No, really. Install TweetMyPC and you’ll be able to lock, shut down or reboot your PC, download a file, send a file on your PC to a Gmail address and more just by tweeting.
First, create a Twitter account. Turn off public access to this so that people can’t see what you’re doing (click ‘Settings | Account’ and then check the ‘Protect my tweets’ box). Don’t follow anyone on this account.
Next, download TweetMyPC, enter your log-in details and click ‘Save And Close’. To see if it works, type a tweet like Screenshot. All being well, TweetMyPC will take a screenshot of your PC, post it online and send a link to your Gmail address.
Yesterday On 28th June, Google Made its biggest effort to Conquer the Social Networking field by introducing its new social networking product ‘GOOGLE+’.
yes you heard it rite, Google Has launched a new social networking product called Google+ .
After the failure of Orkut,Google wave, and Google Buzz now Google has come up with a new social networking site.
Google+ looks quite similar to Facebook. It will lets its users to post photos, messages, comments and other content from selected groups of friends. It is meant for sharing with groups — like colleagues, roommates or hiking friends — not with all of one’s friends or the entire Web. It also offers group text messaging and video chat.
Google+ users will start by selecting people they know from their Gmail contacts (and from other services, once Google strikes deals with them). They can drag and drop friends’ names into different groups, or circles, and give the circles titles, like “sisters” or “book club.” Then they can share with these groups or with all of their friends.
Unlike on Facebook, people do not have to agree to be friends with one another. They can receive someone’s updates without sharing their own.
So now the question arises, Will It Be Able To Take On Facebook?
Will It Prove To be A Facebook Killer?
Many social networking experts don’t think that it can harm Facebook, but we should not forget that Google had done a lot of research on this product and they had some some significant changes to fight out Facebook. This idea of social networking website came in mind of Larry Page ( Google’s Co-Founder) . He know that if they didn’t acted soon they gonna lost the cyber space to Facebook completely.
Google had always been criticized for its failure in the social media field. It was the only reason for which Google was in hunt to buy Twitter.
So it will be intresting to see weather Google+ will be able to take on facebook or not.