10 Facts That You Should Know About Microsoft Corporation
Here are some facts that you want to know about Microsoft corporation.
- Microsoft has operation centers and subsidiaries all over the world and employs more than 95,000 workers in which only 25% are female.
- The first version of Windows was launched in November 1985 and that was a 16 bit Operating system.
- On Nov. 22, 2005 Microsoft launches Xbox 360.
- 90.29 percent of the world’s computers being Windows-based.
- Microsoft is one of the largest corporate collectors of artworks with over 5,000 contemporary pieces including painting, sculpture, works on paper, photographs, ceramics, studio glass, and multimedia works.
- June 27, 2008 Bill Gates retired from his day-to-day role at Microsoft to spend more time on his work at The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Microsoft holds over 10,000 patents and files around 3,000 every year, ranking as one of the top five patent owners in the U.S.
- There are 9 Board of irectors of the Microsoft corporation with Steven A. Ballmer as the CEO.
- The average Microsoft employee, or “Softie” as they call themselves, is a 38-year-old male with the average salary for a developer coming in at $106,000.
- Microsoft has worked on its projects under codenames, of which Wikipedia has a long list.